These days it’s very common that people want to copy other sites. As usual i was finding one solution on copying a site and creating a new one with it. After searching for an hour i found one working site, That’s HTTrack.com it helped me a lot in the process to download a website. HTTrack is a freeware and works well on both the OS, Mac and Windows.
With the introduction of HTTrack it has been a lot easier in downloading a site and to get to know about the working module of an website that too for free! Yes, for free. So what are you waiting for let’s give it a try and download a site now and see how it works.
Table of Contents
How to Download Website Using HTTrack
Before you proceed to download a website using HTTrack i would like to inform you guys that you will need to download this software on your PC. You can get the working link to the download page here, once you’re on the page select your windows OS and proceed for the download.
Requirements For Using HTTrack To Download A Website On Your PC
For Windows it supports mostly all the active versions of the OS, including : Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and windows 10. PCs should have a minimum 2 GB of RAM with 128 MB RAM of graphics card.
For MAC OS and Linux, before it supported all the version from start to end. But these days due to some updates in software it is only available on the selected versions of Linux and MAC OS. You can find it in the download page of the HTTrack.
Now… How to download a website using HTTrack?
To get started with the process you will need to download the software on your PC. You can find the download link above in the second para. Once you have downloaded and installed the software on your computer, you may proceed for the steps provided below.
- After you have successfully installed HTTrack on your computer. You may proceed to accept the terms and conditions, don’t do anything to the settings let it be the same as default and proceed with the terms and condition.
- HTTrack will automatically execute and launch itself within a seconds after completion of above process.
- Now, a box will popup asking you to select the language with which you want to proceed. Here selecting your preferable language is best, if it’s not present then you may proceed with English Language.
- Click next. Now it will ask you for the project name. The project name means a name which you want to give to Website you want to download and copy.
- After selecting a perfect name it will ask you for selecting a project category. Once done selecting your project categories it will now ask you to select the location. It’s the location for saving the downloaded website if you did not selected the location then it will save your downloaded file(s) of the website on your desktop.
- Now, when you proceed for the next window it will ask you to enter the site which you want to download and copy or see the working module or examine the site at your own. You will need to enter the full domain name including WWW and http in the URL for example, it can be http://www.justwebworld.com.
- Or if you wish to download any selected pages of the website then you may enter the page URL only for example, it can be http://www.justwebworld.com/category/how-to. Now, it will download the specific page only.
- In the new update of the software you may find that while downloading some of the websites it requires a “Login ID” and “Password” for downloading them. For that we don’t have any clue on how to proceed downloading such sites with HTTrack for getting on that you will need email HTTrack for the solution.
- Now, it will ask you. Once the downloading process ends shall the software disconnect or Shut down your PC.
- The downloading of the website will start, For downloading time it will depend on the size of the website.
You can easily use HTTrack to download any website on your PC/MAC. It is a much helpful website which allows you to download any of the website present online. With this you can copy a website or might make some changes and give it your clients and make some bucks out of it.
Don’t forget to place comments below the post. At last don’t even forget to share the post because sharing is caring. 😀