Everywhere you turn someone is running a webinar to promote his or her online business. Cool webinar tips for create and present a highly effective webinar.
You want to hop on the bandwagon, yet all the moving parts can be quite overwhelming…
- Which platform provides the tools you need for successful webinar without costing an arm and a leg?
- How to use the system and make sure everything runs smoothly?
- How to get people to register and send them instruction to join the webinar?
- When you’re presenting LIVE, how can you make sure the technology is working properly?
Table of Contents
- Successful Webinar Tips for Beginners
- 1. What Are Webinars?
- 2. Why Webinars?
- 3. How To Do Webinars?
- 4. How To Choose a Webinar System?
- 5. What Do You Need To Set Up a Webinar?
- 6. What Physical Equipment Is Needed To Run a Webinar?
- 7. How To Set Up Your Webinar Equipment?
- 8. When To Do Webinars?
- 9. How To Turn Webinars Into Online Courses?
- 10. How To Attract New Clients With Webinars?
Successful Webinar Tips for Beginners
The good news is, when you have the right guidance and information, it’s not that complicated:
1. What Are Webinars?
Webinars are online meetings in which you can get any number of people – from a few to a few hundreds or thousands – to listen to a presentation, watch a demonstration or participate in a Q & A session.
2. Why Webinars?
You can use webinars to promote your work and get new clients. Engage with your community and learn about their needs; or record a series of presentations to be used in an online course.
It’s also a great way to build your list, boost your social media presence and encourage interaction with your followers.
3. How To Do Webinars?
The first step is to choose a system. Most platforms are based on Google Hangout, with added functionalities specific to running webinars.
4. How To Choose a Webinar System?
Different platforms offer various features at different price points – find the one that fits your need. Here’re a few examples to look at:
- Webinar Ally
- Webinar Jam
- Easy Webinar
- GoTo Webinar
5. What Do You Need To Set Up a Webinar?
Here’re the basic set up:
1) A registration page, also called a landing page, linked to your email service provider so people can enter their information (e.g. email and name) to receive joining instructions.
2) An email service provider on which the data entered into the registration page is stored.
3) If you choose a system that comes as a WordPress plugin, you’d need a WordPress site set up.
4) A series of emails, e.g. thank you email, reminder emails and follow-up emails, to get as many people to watch you webinar as possible.
6. What Physical Equipment Is Needed To Run a Webinar?
Just a few basics will get you up and running:
- A computer with a microphone.
- A webcam if you plan on delivering part of your webinar as a “talking head.”
- Good lighting – you can set up your computer in front of a window for natural light, or a lamp with a cool white daylight bulb to illuminate your face.
- A stable Internet connection to make sure your broadcast is uninterrupted. Use an Ethernet cable to link your computer directly to a router if possible.
7. How To Set Up Your Webinar Equipment?
1) Find a quiet space where you won’t be disturbed. The room should allow you to set up a router so you can plug your computer into it with an Ethernet cable.
2) Set up a simple and tidy background for your presentation. A cluttered or messy background is unprofessional and can be distracting. A plain background tends to work better than a patterned backdrop.
3) Position your computer so it faces a window for natural lighting. If there’s not enough natural light, set up a lamp behind the computer screen for supplemental lighting.
8. When To Do Webinars?
The best timing to host your webinar depends on your audience’s schedule.
If you target stay-at-home moms, you may choose a time during school hours or in the evening after kids’ bedtime.
If your audience is in the corporate world, lunchtime or evening sessions could be best.
You also need to consider your audience’s time zone, to make sure timing works for the majority of your audience.
9. How To Turn Webinars Into Online Courses?
Recordings of your webinars can become part of an online course.
You can deliver one module each week in a webinar, then post the recording onto a private membership site for participants to watch.
10. How To Attract New Clients With Webinars?
Hosting webinars is a great way to promote your services.
Potential clients can see you, hear you and interact with you so they get to know you. This builds familiarity and trust, making them more likely to want to work with you.
You can add a call-to-action at the end of your webinar to promote your services – e.g. you can ask participates to schedule a complimentary consultation to see how you can help them with your offerings. 🙂