Unique Identification Authority of India is what we know as UIDAI, who are the responsible people behind the infrastructure and development of the Aadhaar card. They are the one who carries them out the whole process of Aadhaar card enrolment, delivery and assigns a unique number to every citizen.
How To Fill Aadhar Card Correction Form Online/Offline
We assume that you have enrolled for the Aadhaar card and you have a unique number under your name. Not everyone is lucky when it comes to getting things right at one shot; I’ve been there, where I have had to go for the correction after a couple of weeks because of mistake in the Surname.
Everyone makes mistakes, which not something you should be crying about because UIDAI understands it. You can go for the correction the next day you have received the card physically.
So, what’s the process behind it? Not many people know multiple options they have when it comes to updating or correction. Lack of knowledge does get the best of them, and they end up spending more time doing unnecessary tasks.
We are going to show you how you can fill the form and submit to the Aadhaar center within few minutes.
Note: There will be a fee involved when it comes correction, nearly Rs.150 to Rs.200.
1) Fill up the Form
We have seen people who were not able to understand a point and have made mistakes; then they had to re-correct it again.
You can avoid by following out guide step-by-step. Nothing is challenging here, so we will make it easy as possible for you.
There are two types of forms, first one is about submitting to the Aadhaar center and the second one is to send it by post.
2: Get the form printed locally and make sure you have more than three copies of it. You can start over whenever you have made a mistake.
Note: Everything you write should be in capital letters.
3: Pre-enrolment ID – Your existing Aadhaar card number, you can find the 14-digit number on your Aadhaar card.
4: NPR Receipt/TIN Number – It’s your PAN card number you can leave it if you don’t have a PAN card.)
5: Full Name – If this correction for the name, then writes your full name including the surname. Keep one thing in mind, what you write here will print on the Aadhaar card, so make sure you also keep the order as per your SSC or highest qualification certificate.
6: Gender – You have three options, you can select any one of it.
7: Age – If this for the age correction, then you have to ask the customer care – 1800-300-1947.
8: Address – We assume that you have the supporting document because you are going to need it. If we are right, the empty blanks can be filled by using the address document.
- C/o, D/o, W/o, S/o – They all stand for Son of, Wife of, and Daughter of, tick any one of them, then write the name.
- House number or Building number or Apartment number – Select anyone of them, if you are living in an individual house, its house number. If you are living in a double store or triple storehouse, then select a building. If you are living in an apartment, then select Apartment. You have to write the plot number of that place.
- Street or Road or Lane – Name of the street or road name (Example: Shiva colony, or Shiva Nagar.)
- Landmark – For example, above HDFC ATM or Opposite Apollo pharmacy or nearby xxx Theatre.
- Village or Town or City – Its nothing but your city name or town name.
- Post Office – It’s not necessary, if you don’t know, you can leave it.
- District – You have to know about your district; you can Google your town or village name to find out your district.
- Sub-district – You can leave it be, or it is always your city name, even my sub-district is my town name.
- State – You can handle this area.
- E-mail – if you don’t have it then leave it be.
- Mobile number – Make sure you are adding your permanent personal number.
- Pincode – You can Google it to find out, Google your city to find out the pin code.
9: Details of – You have to add your father or Mother or Guardian or Husband or Wife Aadhaar details.
Note: They must have an existing Aadhaar card.
- Write XXX full name.
- Write down their 14-digit Aadhaar card number.
10: For Document Based – You have to mention the documents you are going to add to the correction.
- POI – It stands for Proof of Identity, which means you have to provide any di card which has your full name and photo on it.
- POA – Proof of address, any government bill that is not older than two months.
- DOB – Date of birth, if you don’t have a birth certificate, then get a letter signed by your gazette officer (Go to manual office or MRO office.)
- POR – It is called proof of relationship, you can use marriage certificate.
NOTE: HOF and Introducer are needed when you don’t have POI and POA.
10: For Introducer Based – Leave this part or call customer care for more support.
11: HOF – Head of the family like your father, mother or your brother or it can be your uncle, so get his Aadhaar details and write them down.
- You have to write your name.
- HOF or Introducer name should be written here or if you have provided the POI and POA documents, and then leave it.
- Signature is needed on the third part.
13: Signature & Thumbprint – Do not do it at your home, go to the nearest Aadhaar center, and then do the last part up there.
There is nothing more on the Internet right now, who can give you crystal and detailed guide like this, so make sure to check the information double to ensure you are not repeating the mistake.