Photo editing has never been as easy and fun as it is today. All you need is your iPhone and a compatible photo editing app and you’re good to go! Here are some of our top picks of photo editing apps designed exclusively for IOS.
The Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone
1] FilterStorm Neue
FilterStorm Neue has all the photo editing tools you will ever need. It offers a variety of features for both beginners and professionals in making their photos look awesome.
- It offers advanced masking tools including histogram range and smart brush to clean up your photos and make them look professional.
- Multiple blend modes including luminosity, saturation, and color dodge that allow you to enhance the quality of your photos.
- You can edit iPhone pictures in full size allowing you to edit all the small details.
- The 10-step undo history feature allows you to see all the changes you’ve made and retrace your steps if necessary.
- Rewritten to use the GPU instead of the CPU, FilterStorm Neue is way faster than its old version.
- Perfect for some quick editing.
- Suitable for both beginners and professionals.
- Masking feature is not as good as some of the app’s competitors in the market.
2] Enlight Photofox
Enlight Photofox takes your photos to the next level by turning them into works of art. The app combines photo editing tools with artistic tools to help transform your photos.
- You can combine and merge up to 5 layers in a single composition with this app. You can also edit each layer as you go.
- The Darkroom feature lets you edit the tone, contrast and other details of your photos making them sharper.
- You can make your photos look ethereal with the Light Fx feature that lets you add an array of light flares and leaks to your photos. You can control the size, position and opacity of the light with just your finger.
- The app offers a number of effects, presets, filters and more.
- Compatible with 16-bit and raw images.
- The app has a bit of a learning curve.
Price: $3.99 with In-App Purchases.
Just like the macOS app, Pixelmator for iOS comes packed with amazing photo editing tools. These tools make your photos look sharper and more professional.
- Advanced photo editing tools help you blur imperfections, manage the tone and gradient of your photos and add different effects.
- The painting feature lets you draw and paint anything you want over your photos. Painting in layers helps make your photos look more realistic.
- Add text, effects and customized shapes to bring your photos to life.
- Use the precise selection tool to edit parts of the photo that needs to be improved.
- Easy to use interface.
- The app is pricey for what it offers.
Mextures allows you to take your photos to the next level. The app offers editing tools that make your photos look more artistic and edgy.
- With over 150 textures to choose from, you can make your photos grainy, gritty and as edgy as you like.
- Add unlimited layers to your photos and edit them as you go. Adjustments you make to each layer can be managed anytime during the editing process.
- The app offers 30-film presets to make your photos really stand out.
- You can save your edits using the Formula workflow of the app. This feature also allows you to import other users formulas and even share yours.
- You can add multiple layers of filters on a single photo and edit each anytime.
- You can save your edits, share them and import other people’s formulas.
- Limited photoshop features.
As the name suggests, this app lets you “fuse” two photos together to create a double exposure masterpiece. You can use the app for overlays on both images and videos.
- 20 blending modes help you merge the two photos you select seamlessly.
- 18 masking effects take care of any imperfections in your overlayed photo.
- The “Artists Collections” space lets you view other user’s amazing editing works.
- The Draw and Erase tools let you enhance certain parts of your photos.
- Easy to use interface.
- The free version of the app offers a number of useful features.
- No “Undo” button means you can’t go back a step in your editing process. You either have to get creative and edit over whatever you wanted to undo or start from scratch.
Price: Free with In-App Purchases.
Want to create beautiful posters, cards, banners, and Instagram stories? If so, then Canva is the answer to your prayers. This app takes care of the graphic design elements of your image so you can focus on being as creative as you want.
- The app offers 60,000 free templates you can choose from when starting a new graphic design project.
- You can upload and edit your photos as you add them to your design. You can also choose from the plethora of preset illustrations.
- Add text to your photos, choose from more than 700 font options. You can change the color, size, and spacing of the font as well.
- Create design teams on the app to collaborate on projects.
- Limited photo editing features.
7. RAW Power
Professional iPhone photographers are really going to enjoy editing raw images with this app. RAW Power may be a new app, but it has developed quite a following due to its useful features.
- You can use Apple’s RAW decoder to edit your photos. You can zoom up to 800% to really fine-tune the details in your image.
- The RAW contrast feature lets you adjust the sharpness and contrast of your images while protecting the details.
- Crop, rotate, straighten, flip and apply the many presets the app offers to enhance your images.
- Make as many adjustments as you want without changing the pixels in the original picture.
- The app features a special “RAW Images” smart album where all your edited photos are stored.
- The free version of the app offers many exciting features.
- The interface is complicated.
Taking photos comes with a lot of benefits, from expressing yourself to keeping beautiful memories. If you want your photos to look like they were taken under professional studio lighting by a professional photographer, then try these photo editing apps. You won’t be disappointed!