Do you have an Amazon FBA business for sale? Looking for the best FBA acquirers? If yes, then we’ve got you covered!
Over time, Fulfillment by Amazon or just FBA has become one of the most popular ways of making money online. In fact, some people even believe it to be a brand new frontier in P2P e-commerce.
FBA is allowing merchants from all across the globe to harness the immense distribution network as well as customers of Amazon for gaining the best financial rewards.
Amazon FBA Presents Attractive Investment Opportunities To The Business Owners and Investors.
A well-organized FBA business is one of the most profitable businesses to own and has become an attractive investment opportunity for business owners. In this article, we will discuss some of the best ways to sell an Amazon FBA business to make the most profits. Let’s begin!
Best Ways To Sell Your Amazon FBA Business
There are basically five main ways in which you can sell your Amazon FBA business. These are.
Marketplace – There are many online marketplaces where you can list your business for sale. Although it takes some time, you’ll get numerous interested buyers eventually.
FBA Acquirers And Aggregators – You can sell your business to an FBA acquirer for a great price.
Auction – Similar to marketplaces, there are various auction platforms where you can present your Amazon FBA business for sale.
M&A Advisor – You can hire a professional broker who will find the right business acquirer and sell your business on your behalf.
All of these are effective methods, but they have their own set of pros and cons which we will discuss below. But before that, let’s discuss all these ways in detail.
List On Marketplace
The first and perhaps the most convenient way of selling a business is to list it on a reputed marketplace. Here, all you need to do is list your business and sift through the interested buyers.
- Affordable – It is a low-cost way as you need to pay a minimum amount of fee for posting your listing.
- Large Distribution- Because of the large distribution network of marketplaces, you can display your ad to a large number of interested buyers.
- Low Demand – Marketplaces list tens of thousands of listings every day. So, standing out from the crowd can be a major challenge, especially when your FBA business is newly set up.
- Complicated Process- You have to take care of your business sale process personally. This includes verifying the right buyers, performing due diligence, sending out agreements, managing the fund transactions, and so on. So, if you’re not experienced enough, you might have to struggle a bit.
Sell To An FBA Acquirer
Another great way is to sell Amazon FBA business to FBA acquirers. Most business owners prefer going this way because FBA acquirers buy your brand at the best rates. All you need to do is, sell your business, earn a profitable paycheck and leave it to them to enhance the operations while you can freely focus on other endeavors.
By selling your business to a reputed FBA acquirer, you can save your time and efforts and earn the best value for your Amazon business. This option is great for business owners who don’t have any business selling experience and still want a big paycheck.
- Maximum Value – The biggest advantage of selling your business to an FBA acquirer is, you can get the best possible rates for your business. It is much higher than selling it on a marketplace or via a broker.
- Process – You don’t have to worry about anything as the entire process is handled by the acquirer. You just need to find the right platform and that’s it. You don’t need to have any experience or knowledge regarding the business selling process.
- Multiple Choices – You can sell your business to an FBA acquirer when you don’t have any resources to scale it. They will do their best to enhance and improve it. The best part is, you can also ask them to retain you in some parts of your business. In this way, you can still stay connected to the brand you’ve put everything into.
- Finding The Right FBA Acquirer – The biggest challenge is finding the right acquirer. While there are hundreds of FBA acquirers out there, not all of them are worth considering. If you accidentally end up with the wrong firm, you’ll lose your business as well as profits. Therefore, always work with well-regarded, trusted, and reliable FBA acquirers.
Present in Auction
Selling an FBA business through auction is almost similar to listing it on a marketplace. You’ll have to follow more or less the same procedure and run the process personally.
The only difference is, auctions are for a fixed period and hence force buyers to make quick decisions. Similar to online marketplaces, there are many auction platforms where you can try your luck out. Auction platforms are great for those who want to sell a small business with a low valuation.
- Large Network – If you choose an auction platform with a large distribution network, you’ll be able to display your ad to a large number of potential buyers.
- Fixed Timeframe- Auctions are for a limited time, say, 7, 14, or 28 days. You can stay certain that your business will be sold within this period, provided that you find a suitable buyer.
- Buyer Qualification – Most buyers on auction platforms are inexperienced business acquirers. The majority of them are looking for their first business, so they wish to buy small businesses (less than $5,000). So, closing a deal with such newbie buyers can be a problem.
- Fees – Auction platforms charge a significant amount of fee which can go as high as 10%.
Hire M&A Advisor
If you have a large business for sale, then hiring an M&A advisor is the best option. You don’t need to have any experience or spend time and energy on finding the right prospects. The M&A advisor will handle everything on your behalf and will sell you FBA business at the maximum value.
- A large distribution network allows you to gain the interests of a large number of qualified buyers.
- You don’t need to handle the business sale process at all. Your M&A agent will take care of everything.
- M&A advisors charge a significant amount of fee, which can be a little overwhelming.
That’s about it!
We have discussed the best ways to sell Amazon FBA businesses in the most profitable ways. We have pointed out the pros and cons of each way, now it’s your turn to select the one that suits you the most.