If you think that you are a candidate for a program in your state, the only way to know for sure is by visiting a doctor and being evaluated so that you can get your medicinal marijuana recommendation and 100% organic god bud. You can’t just purchase a card, or hold onto a physician’s note and think that you are protected.
How to Get a Medical Weed Card for 2018
All of the states that have legalized medicinal marijuana have created medical pot cards to track sufferers who are using this medicine legally.
The only way that you are legally protected is by having a valid medical pot card that has been issued by the state in which you live after your doctor has seen you and suggested you for medicinal marijuana for your medical predicament. How to obtain a Card is an important stage you have to follow here.
1) Top Five Things to Know About Medical Pot
There are some important things that you should be aware of with regards to medical cannabis. To better help you be as prepared as possible, here are the top five things to know about it before you get your health care cannabis card.
- Medical cards are only granted in 15 states and in DC * check with your state to find out if yours is on the list.
- You can’t get a prescription for cannabis, only a card that offers you legitimate protection in your state and affords you entry to marijuana dispensaries.
- It’s illegal to push or operate machinery when utilizing this; the laws are same with regards to alcoholic beverages use.
- Getting a Health-related Cannabis Card is only good for a year after it has been issued, then it must be renewed.
- Your medical cannabis credit card is only valid for the state in which it was issued, no other states, even if they have a health-related cannabis program.
2) Record for Your Medical Cannabis Session
Once you have made an appointment to be evaluated for a Health-related recommendation by a doctor, there are some things that you will want to make sure that you provide along with you.
Photo ID/Proof of Identification: Make sure that you carry any of the following to your appointment to supply proof of your identity: present and valid state driver’s license or present and valid state ID credit card, current military released ID card, ticket, and proof of residency (present utility bill, mortgage affirmation or bank statement, etc.).
- History: This includes any recent healthcare records that you have, any prescriptions that you are presently using, any test benefits including X-rays or blood work, and data about your most current doctor.
- Type of Payment: Make sure that you bring a credit history or debit card with you or cash to spend for your appointment costs.
Make sure that you have kept in mind all above pointers before getting your weed card. Nothing helps once you avoid above points. 🙂