Android is undoubtedly one of the most preferred OS. The popularity can be attributed to the fact that it offers a lot of scope for customization such as 3rd party app installation etc. However, there are limitations vis-à-vis feature and settings of an unrooted android phone.
You can unleash the full potential of unlimited customization by rooting your android phone. Rooting helps gain access to the device’s settings, therefore it is essential for not just developers but also individuals to root their android phone.
What is Rooting?
Having privilege control of your mobile system, i.e. being able to access system files, install custom ROMs, increase battery life, better performance, etc. is possible by rooting your android phone. When you root your android mobile, you get super-user privileges which can be used to optimize the phone so that you can remove pre-installed system apps, replace/change the system font, disable auto-start apps, etc.
Since most mobile manufacturers do not offer high-end customization and settings, the full potential of your mobile is not reached. Successful rooting of the Android phone allows you to gain access to the deepest settings of the device. However, there are pros and cons attached to the process.
Pros of rooting
Some of the benefits associated with rooting your android include.
- Increased speed by removing bloatware which under normal circumstances you cannot remove. Rooting gives you additional privileges to uninstall useless programs.
- Unlock features under root privileges like wireless tethering etc.
- You can install all types of apps on your phone after rooting it.
- Update your phone with the latest Android OS version with root privileges (important for developers)
- You can get unlimited customizations done on your phone like changing the device’s skin, launcher, install custom ROM, etc.
- Get AdBlock apps for rooted android to remove pesky ads popping up during crucial information
- Also get a full backup of your android.
- Optimize CPU clocking; increasing CPU frequency while playing games and decreasing it for extended battery life.
Cons of rooting
As every coin has two sides, rooting your android also has some disadvantages, like.
- The biggest disadvantage is that the warranty of your device becomes void on installing root on your device. However, with un-rooting, you can get the warranty back. Also, some manufacturers offer warranty even after rooting, so check before rooting your android.
- Sometimes motherboard is affected due to post-rooting activities which may be a costly affair.
- Automatic updates are not available for rooted devices, you need to get them done manually.
- Installing 3rd party apps on Android after rooting leave your phone unprotected with respect to malware and virus.
- Rooting allows apps to access device and system functions. Confidential information from your phone may be siphoned off to app databases which can be misused.
Rooting Android without PC
Considering the advantages and disadvantages of the process, you can opt to root your android to unleash its full potential. If however, you do not feel comfortable about it, you can restore it to factory settings anytime.
Earlier rooting was a complex process, however, nowadays, a number of apps are available which can help you root your android with ease. Many of them do not require any computer for the process.
If you wish to access all Android files and folders, increase your phone’s battery time, increase RAM, install custom ROM and access root apps, you can root your phone with one of the best rooting apps.
However, make sure that you have taken a complete backup of your phone, have more than 60% battery life and have carefully read the instructions before initiating rooting. It must be kept in mind that you are killing the warranty of the phone and allowing access to your personal information, data loss as well as a random reboot by rooting your android.
Apps to Help You Root your Android phone
A number of apps are available to help install root on your android phone. Some of the most popular ones include:
One of the most popular free app for installing root on all android phones. Download the Kingroot apk and install the same on your phone. Open the device and click the “start rooting” option to begin the installation of rooting. The device may start rebooting during the process. Within minutes, your android phone is rooted!
Especially targeted for Chinese smartphones, it has been used by millions of users. Download TowelRoot apk from the official site and install the file on your android phone. Once the installation is complete, open the TowelRoot app and click on “start rooting” to root your phone.
An advanced app which requires very less time to root your android, remove pre-installed apps and customize The app is available for both Android and PC. You can download the iRoot app, install it and click on “gain root access” to root your phone.
The app has great compatibility and support system and doesn’t support pop-ups and bloatware. Just download the Z4Root apk file and install it on your Android; open the app and click on “root button” to successfully root your android smartphone.
Phones running on any OS can be rooted using Baidu Root app. Though the default language is Chinese, you can easily start the rooting process by downloading the Baidu Root app. Install the app and open the app to root your phone. Once rooting is 100%, restart your phone to gain unlimited access.
The free app is suitable for a wide range of Android Download the Framaroot apk from Google Play Store and installs it on your phone. Open the app and install superuser. You require an active internet connection to root your phone with this app.
One of the easiest UI makes it extremely popular. Download the Root Master apk and install it. Open the app and click “tap to root”.