Mattress plays a major role in getting good sleep. Not all of us know how to get a mattress that suits our needs. There may be many products to choose but your sleeping position defines the sort of mattress you would need.
Also, depending upon your body temperature, you need a contrast mattress. As old your mattress gets, it creates more trouble.
A good mattress gives extreme relief on joints and muscles. As your mattress gets old, it loses its ability to keep your body firm. It starts hugging you and makes loud noise.
You might not realize but your sleep quality also starts reducing. Your hips might hurt and you get up middle of the night. Early morning you will have back pain or there is irritation in your neck.
All these are symptoms that your bed mattress is not anymore in good shape and after so many years of rough use, it’s time for replacement.
If you are still confused with the sort of mattress you require then www.sleepjunkie.org can help you with that. They have a list of mattresses on their website and reviews about every brand. They believe in sleep science and therefore, don’t write anything positive about any mattress unless, they aren’t sure that it benefits in a proper night sleep.
Innerspring mattresses were covered in wool or soft fabric when they were initially launched in 1900s. Later, when foam was introduced these coils were replaced with memory foam, gel foam, latex, and innersprings and so on.
Now there are various kinds of mattresses with the latest technology and sensors. People buy those that help them in the best way. There are various technologies in mattresses but the most commonly used technology to cover is –
- Celliant infused which has many health benefits. It contains thermo reactive minerals that change your body temperature to infrared light which is used to heal any injury or pain unlike ultraviolet rays.
- Silver infused covers have antimicrobial properties. Silver covers help in keeping microbes in fiber to live and help in building health.
Apart from these two major technologies there are other technologies as well which help in building a good and comfortable mattress:
- Innerspring mattress is mostly seen in showrooms where metal springs are covered with fabric or foam. However, this kind of mattress has motion problem which makes consumers unhappy.
- Latex foam can be natural or synthetic and are second largest rated in the market. Natural latex has aesthetic and environmental benefits.
- The most popular mattress is memory foam which is durable and has longer life. It uses polyurethane foam as a support on top cover of it.
- Gel mattress as the name suggests encloses gel in the layers. This gel gives different kind of comfort and heat neutralizing feature.
- Airbeds are used in mattresses where the air chamber is covered with upholstery products or padding. They look like conventional bed and are structured in such a way that each side can be controlled separately if both spouses have different needs.
- Waterbeds are of two types which is hard waterbed where the water chamber is inside a rectangular wooden frame and soft waterbed where the water chamber is enclosed in foam and fiber.
These technologies help in making your bedroom a better place to stay safe and healthy. The variable pressure foaming is a procedure that helps in lesser contamination of air. VPF method sanitizes the air with filter which means it is purer than the air going into it.
Some of the material like organic cotton, natural latex and wool are kinder to environment. These fabrics aren’t made from chemicals or harmful dyes. Don’t get stuck with smart technologies that are only fascinating, always buy a mattress that gives you advantages.