The Internet is a tool which has helped connect people across the world. Through various web applications like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Snapchat etc. Anyplace on the globe is within reach just a few clicks away.
Apart from desktop versions for various program’s, mobile applications are also immensely popular. Currently, most people use smartphones to access the internet and various sites. However, this hasn’t caused any dent in the popularity of web users.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular mass communication tools being currently used by people. Its web application WhatsApp Web too has nearly a million users globally.
Why Opt for WhatsApp Web Login on PC?
The WhatsApp Web Login feature had been introduced by WhatsApp for its web users earlier. This feature allows WhatsApp users to access the app using a browser. It has tremendously eased life for the users of the social networking chat very much as now WhatsApp users can access their WhatsApp chats using any browser or any device.
Quite similar to the Android app, WhatsApp Web helps replicate your mobile app on your PC for your comfort.
What’s more, the end to end encryption security protocols between two users that exists on your mobile devices can also be established on your computer system.
1] How to Download WhatsApp Web on PC?
WhatsApp Web is an official online client that allows its users to use their WhatsApp account through any computer browser (Firefox, Chrome IE etc.). Similar to WhatsApp, you don’t need to register yourself with an email ID. One can start using the WhatsApp browser by just scanning the QR code.
You also won’t need any additional programs or plug-in installations to use the WhatsApp Web through the browser.
However, if you want, you can install a WhatsApp Web-based desktop program on your desktop. There are certain disadvantages too while using a web browser to use WhatsApp Web login.
Security tool scams, malware, and viruses are some of the threats that users can face while using this system of communication.
Before you start using your WhatsApp Web Login there are certain points to remember. There are some mandatory requirements for people who wish to use WhatsApp Web login. They are as follows:
- A web browser preferably Google Chrome or any other like Mozilla Firefox etc. also works. WhatsApp Web browser also works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X too.
- A mobile phone (Android, Blackberry, Windows or Nokia preferably) iPhones generally restrict the background multitasking and push notifications.
- Updated mobile app version downloaded and installed on your Android or iOS device.
- A stable internet connection (preferably Wi-Fi) to connect both the desktop and mobile.
Any individual can start using the WhatsApp Web login. It is extremely user-friendly and easy to use.
For someone who has been using the messaging platform on their smartphones, this will be a piece of cake. Here are the steps one needs to follow to start using WhatsApp web login:
- The primary step is to open the WhatsApp link (http://web.WhatsApp.com) using any of the internet browsers previously mentioned.
- After opening the official webpage of WhatsApp, click the download for windows option.
- Once the download of the app is complete, open Whatsapp.exe and wait for it to install on the desktop.
- The link opened on the desktop requires the user to scan the QR code provided.
- Simultaneously you also need to open WhatsApp on your mobile.
- The user has to click on the right side option on their smartphone using the WhatsApp.
- On selecting WhatsApp Web, the camera of your mobile will open and the QR code will be scanned.
- Recognition of the QR code will be followed by syncing of your devices.
- The WhatsApp Web login is complete and you can start using the messaging service on your desktop too!
2] How to Use WhatsApp Web Login
Any person who has used WhatsApp on their mobile will find the transition to the web version familiar. There are many similarities between the mobile version and the desktop version of the application.
- The interface is quite similar to that of the mobile app. However, It should be noted that the desktop notifications are supported. In case it is a shared PC, you might want to switch off the notification settings using the settings menu. It can be easily done by clicking on the 3-dot icon. This opens up the various setting options, choose the notification icon and then de-select the desktop alerts.
- You might find slight changes in the way you start a conversation using the WhatsApp web compared to the phone version. The search option allows you to not only scroll through the existing chats but also lets you search for a contact to start a new conversation.
- You can use emoticons, and other icons while typing texts. These are located on the side of the text entry field at the bottom. A paperclip icon on the top is used to attach files (text doc, audio, video, gif or Photo). You can also view contact information using the specific icon.
Essential Features of WhatsApp Web Login
There are many features that are available on the android/iOSwhatsapp application. While using WhatsApp Web login, you can find the following features of the mobile app:
- You can see the information about your sent messages on the message info screen.
- A single tick means the message has been sending by your internet service provider.
- A double tick means that your message has been delivered to the sender.
- A blue tick means that your message has been seen or read by the receiver.
There are some catches to using WhatsApp Web login:
- You can’t block users using the desktop connection.
- You can’t start or leave a group chat.
- Sharing contacts or location is not possible.
- You can’t edit your status or update your profile picture.
- You can’t use two browsers simultaneously.