Many of us take the task of voting lightly as we feel that our one vote will not have much effect, but on the contrary our one vote can be the deciding factor between electing the right or the wrong candidate. Ever Indian citizen can exercise their voting rights after the age of 18, but to do this they will need to possess a Voter ID card.
Table of Contents☰
How to Apply For Voter ID Card Online
Earlier it was a tedious process to apply and acquire ones voter ID but now the Election Commission of India has made the process much simpler and possible at the luxury of your home. Keep reading to know more.
1) Documents you will require to apply for voter ID card
There are a number of documents that are required for the online voter ID card applying process and they are as follows.
- A passport size photo of the person seeking the voter Id card.
- Identity proof of the person, that confirms his/ her age such as birth certificate, passport, driving license, high school mark sheet or PAN card.
- Address proof such as utility bills, passport, ration card etc. (make sure the address is of a permanent residence otherwise you might have to change it after relocating).
(Note: All the aforementioned documents must be scanned so that the online application for voter ID card will be possible)
2) How to apply for Election Card Registration online?
The procedure for applying for voter ID card online in India is quite simple and easy. All you have to do is follow the bellow given steps.
- Firstly you have to go to the official website for voter registration, the Election Commission of India (ECI) homepage.
- In this website you will find all the necessary information about the election process in India as well as guidelines for voters. It is highly advisable that you educate yourself with the information thus making the process of acquiring a voter ID card and voting much easier.
- You will find various application forms to register oneself however for new voter registration you will have to select National Voters Service Portal in the ECI homepage.
- Under the section ‘National Service’, you will have to select ‘Apply online for registration of new voter’ and this will transfer you to the online application form.
- Fill the form with all the necessary information and upload all the necessary documents, then click submit
- After you click submit, you will receive a mail to the email ID you provided in the form. This email will contain a link to a personal Voter’s ID page thus allowing you to check the progress of your Voter ID card application.
- Within a month or so you will receive your Voter ID card to your doorstep and it is highly advisable that you get the card laminated in order to prevent any kind of damage.
3) Advantages of applying online for Voter ID Card
There are many advantages of applying online for Voter ID Card. A few of them are as follows
Ease and comfort:
Before the online application process, a voter would have to travel to the nearest electoral office in their constituency for acquiring the form. This is one of the main reasons why many voters have still not acquired their Voter ID cards.
But with this online application procedure you can download and fill the form for your Voter ID card in the luxury of your home, without any kind of inconvenience. The ease of this procedure will surely encourage voters to get their Voter ID card as soon as possible.
Ability to track the progress of your Voter ID card application:
By applying for your Voter ID card online you can also track the progress of your Voter ID card application. After submission of the form you will receive regular updated either by mail or by SMS.
When you apply for the Voter ID card online the application process moves faster thereby allowing you to receive your voter ID card within a month or so, whereas the older method might take much longer time.
Apply for your Voter ID card online and contribute to the progress as well as change in India as its responsible voters. 🙂