If you are a company with more than one location or perhaps considering opening a second location, this post was created for you. It is often that even the biggest brands aren’t optimizing their local SEO location pages – causing them to miss out on potential clients.
Issues Wrecking Local SEO For Multi-Location Businesses
Optimizing your single location business website is easy, however, having multiple locations can create a challenge for you. Targeting potential buyers with local SEO is necessary for increasing the visibility of your location and creating a sale. When you have more than one business location, search engine optimization is affected.
The question here is, does it hurt or help SEO? It can go both ways. If you don’t have a solid local SEO foundation in place, your sites may suffer a bit. You want every landing page to be well-optimized and perform well for your local business to strive.
Fine tuning your landing pages is essential to make SEO work for you. While there is not one perfect layout, here are some good practices you should follow to see maximum results:
- Engaging Page Headlines. You want to be sure you’re utilizing the right keywords within your headlines. Your goal is to engage the viewer and letting them know why they should choose your business above local competitors.
- Product Features and Benefits. You’ll obviously want to talk about the product or service that you offer on your location landing page. Touch base on the features and let the client know how it will be of benefit to them.
- Add a Map. A location map is important for your landing pages to give customers a solid idea of where you’re located. We encourage you to go the extra mile and provide driving directions within this map. Customers will like this feature and it will bring more traffic to your business.
- Call to Action. So, what happens when a client wants to get in touch with you? Are you offering them a way to contact you that’s simple for them? Perhaps you want to include a form or phone number on your page to ensure maximum results for local business inquiries.
- Viewers love to read (positive) reviews and feedback from previous buyers. This proves to them that you are reliable and can offer great services.
These are all elements to consider bringing forward the best landing pages for your business. Other things you need to be sure you’re doing for each page is optimizing your content, meta descriptions, keywords, and title tags.
You want to be sure your location pages are discoverable by search engines like Google by submitting a Sitemap to Google. If you personalize and optimize each one of them to fit the location, you’ll witness the highest results.
Hiring an SEO Specialist
If you are unsure about how to manage your online landing pages, consider hiring an SEO expert to help. They will be able to help you manage your website and pages for multiple locations. They will help you avoid the major mistake of including all business information on one master landing page.
Instead, a qualified specialist will create a separate page for each and optimize them accordingly to avoid them from being identical. They’ll include all basic information, customer reviews, a Google map, among other important SEO elements.
Resources like Chatmeter can benefit you by collecting and analyzing the data brought forward by customers. This feedback will help you improve customer experience and this company helps with this important process! They offer widgets, survey templates, and so much more to promote your brand and place fresh content on your location page.
We hope this guide has given you some insight on how to manage your landing pages when dealing with multiple locations. SEO does not have to be affected if you have more than one landing page. Just be sure to follow these practices and you’ll notice the results in no time!