Makar Sankranti is a gathering celebration that is commended each year on fourteenth January, in the long stretch of Magha, according to the Hindu schedule. Makar Sankranti is one of the most favorable days in the Hindu schedule, as it holds a strict importance for the Hindus.
People on this occasion share makar sankranti wishes to their loved ones without fail. As per the Puranas, on this day, the Sun visits the place of Shani, the Swami of Makar Rashi. Additionally, this day represents the significance of an extraordinary dad child relationship.
It is accepted that on this day Lord Vishnu vanquished the devils and covered them under the Manadara Parvata, consequently denoting the day as the triumph of good over evil. Aside from this, this celebration holds exceptional notice in the sagas of the Mahabharata.
The story connects with Bhishma Pitamaha, wherein during a conflict, Arjuna’s bolts harmed Bhishma Pitamaha. In any case, he decided to trust that the Uttarayan will set in so he would get salvation and free himself from the pattern of resurrection.
The celebration of Makar Sankranti is additionally given due significance in the Sikh people group as the 10th Sikh Guru, Sri Guru Gobind Singh got Moksha (salvation) for fourteen Sikhs. This celebration is commended with extraordinary energy and excitement in the provinces of Karnataka, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
Other than this, Makar Sankranti is likewise celebrated in different pieces of the nation and is known by various names viz. Pongal in Tamil Nadu, Bihu in Assam, Bhogi in Andhra Pradesh and Uttarayan in Gujarat.
Celebrating the Festival of Harvest
The conventional festivals and ceremonies related with Makar Sankranti fluctuate from one state to another. Since the celebration customarily matches with the Sun’s northwards venture into the Uttarayan, when it enters the indication of Makar Rashi (the Capricorn), individuals in colossal number take dunks in the sacred Ganga River at Haridwar and proposition water to the Sun God (Surya).
It is trusted that by doing this, all wrongdoings will be purged and one can achieve salvation. Additionally on this day, individuals love Goddess Saraswati who is considered as the Goddess of information. Aside from this, kite flying is a famous practice on the event of Makar Sankranti.
This is so in light of the fact that this celebration concurs with the International Kite Festival which is held at Ahmedabad, Gujarat on fourteenth January.
Celebrating Makarsankranti at Home
- Get up promptly toward the beginning of the, prior day dawn, have shower and spruce up in new conventional garments.
- Tell your youngsters the meaning of praising the celebration of Makar Sankranti.
- Instruct ‘Gayatri Mantra’ to your youngsters.
- Love the rising sun by offering water, blossoms while reciting the Gayatri Mantra.
- Get ready exceptional indulgences, for example, rice khichadi, until ke laddu, coconut chikki, ganee ki kheer and so on
- Urge your kids to make splendid kites of various tones, sizes and shapes.
- Include your kids in flying kites.
- Thus, on this propitious event of Makar Sankranti, petition God for the prosperity of the whole gang.