In this post, we are going to explain about Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme.
Having a baby girl? As a parent, there are various aspects you need to keep in mind in raising a girl in this society. One of the most important things you need to do is “Savings for Her Future”. With this in mind, the Government of India has come up an excellent savings scheme for girls called Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme.
Table of Contents☰
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Benefits, Interest Rate And Forms
- 1) Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – What It Is?
- 2) Advantages of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 3) Here are the few things you should know about Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (PMSSY) Scheme
- 4) Eligibility Criteria to Join Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- 5) How to Open Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account in Post Office or Bank
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Benefits, Interest Rate And Forms
In India, a girl child is considered as a financial burden as a parent needs to pay for her education, pay for marriage etc. By implementing Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the Government tries to aware parents that a girl child is not a financial burden for you, if parents secure their girl child’s future through financial planning from her early stage itself.
1) Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana – What It Is?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small deposit scheme of Government Of India exclusively available for a girl child and is implemented as a part of “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” Campaign. This savings scheme is meant to save money to meet the education and marriage expense of a girl child.
If you’re looking for the complete information of the scheme including:
- Advantages of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
- Eligibility Criteria to Open a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account.
- How to Open an Account etc.
2) Advantages of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The below mentioned are few of the important advantages that you will enjoy by joining under this scheme.
Higher Interest Rate: It’s the one and only scheme which offers the highest interest rate of about 9.1%. The rate of interest for this scheme will be market linked and also the rate of interest for every financial year is declared by the Government of India.
Tax Benefits: Government of India has offered tax exemption for this scheme to encourage people to join Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
Savings Period: This best feature of this savings scheme. The maturity of this account is 21 years from the date of opening of the account. Only one premature withdrawal is allowed when your girl child on attaining the age of 18 years only if the funds are for higher education.
So, decided to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account? Just follow the below steps:
We all know that parents find it difficult to make arrangements for the study and marriage of their girl child. But by enrolling this scheme, it will be easier for them.
3) Here are the few things you should know about Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (PMSSY) Scheme
- Bank account is to be opened by legal guardian of girl child.
- Age of the girl child at the time of account opening should not be exceeded 10 years.
- Minimum amount to be deposit per year is Rs.1000 and the maximum is Rs. 1, 50, 000.
- The amount can be deposited during the financial year April to March.
- Interest rate to be offered is 9.2%.
- Minimum lock-in period is 11 years ad maturity date is 21 years from the date of account opening.
4) Eligibility Criteria to Join Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- Girl child of age 10 years or below are eligible to join this scheme.
- NRI’s can’t participate in this scheme.
5) How to Open Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account in Post Office or Bank
Step #1 – Visit the nearby post office or bank.
Step #2 – Get the application form and fill the form with the help of the Bank Staff if needed.
Step #3 – Attach the copies of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate of a Girl Child.
- Address Proof of Parent or Guardian.
Step #4 – Submit these documents along with the filled application in the respective counter and let the official that you need to open the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account.
Step #5 – The official will check the application form and attached documents. If everything is okay, he will process your request.
Step #6 – Once the passbook is delivered, you can make the first deposit for your child.
Condition for Withdrawing Money
- Money can be withdrawn after the girl turns 21.
- For the girl’s higher education, the account holder can withdraw up to 50% amount.
- If the money is not withdrawn even after the girl turns 21, it will continue to earn more interest.
So, what are you waiting for? Here we have given as much as information needed to open Join Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account.
Secure your Princess Future with Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account! 🙂