Life is unpredictable, We don’t know what’s happening to us in the next second! So it’s must to take precautions earlier to stay away from the later consequences. As like the same, you cannot predict an accident, but if you have an accidental coverage, you can protect yourself from the financial consequences of an accident.
- Highlights of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- 1) What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Scheme?
- 2) Who is Eligible for PMSBY Scheme?
- 3) Key Features of PMSBY Scheme:
- 4) Still not convinced? Here are few of the benefits of subscribing Accidental Coverage
- 5) Document Required to Subscribe PMSBY Scheme
- 6) Scenarios Leading to the Termination of Accidental Cover
- 7) How Can One Claim this Accidental Coverage?
Highlights of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
A injury after an accident can clearly wipe out all your savings and impact your future. If you wish, it doesn’t need to be happen, enroll yourself in Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Scheme.
1) What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Scheme?
This PMSBY Scheme offers one year accidental death and disability cover which can be renewed annually. This scheme targets all SB account holders and provides insurance cover to all savings account holders in the age group of 18 – 70 years.
2) Who is Eligible for PMSBY Scheme?
- To join this scheme, you should between the age of 18 and 70. And you should have an active savings account and Aadhar card number.
- You need to fill out the application form providing the details of the nominee and link your Aadhar card number to your bank account.
3) Key Features of PMSBY Scheme:
- The accidental death insurance coverage is renewable each year.
- The annual premium to be paid is Rs. 12.
- If the subscriber dies in an accident or totally disabled, the sum of the amount up to 2 Lakh insurance cover is payable to the nominee of the subscriber.
- The annual premium will be auto debited from the bank account of the subscriber.
- The subscriber can opt for long term option or renew every year.
- As the subscriber, you can exit from the scheme anytime and also sign up at any time in the future.
With all these key features, subscribing to PMSBY Accidental Coverage is the must.
4) Still not convinced? Here are few of the benefits of subscribing Accidental Coverage
- If the subscriber dies in an accident, the insurance cover of Rs. 2 Lakh will be paid to the nominee.
- If an accident leads to total, irrecoverable loss (Loss of both hands and feet, or both eye sights) to the subscriber, then he/she will get Rs. 2 Lakh paid as accidental insurance coverage.
- If the subscriber loses his/her one eye sight and loss of use of one hand or foot, then Rs. 1 Lakh will be paid.
Whatever, by subscribing accidental insurance coverage, you can be rest assured that your family will better in terms of financial aspects, if something badly happens to you accidently.
5) Document Required to Subscribe PMSBY Scheme
- Name of the Applicant
- Aadhaar number
- Address, Registered Mobile Number.
- Nominee details (Address Proof and Aadhar Card Number).
The application form is available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Oriya, Telugu, Tamil and Gujarati.
6) Scenarios Leading to the Termination of Accidental Cover
- If the subscriber attains the age of 70 years.
- If the corresponding bank account is closed due to insufficient balance required as monthly premium i.e. Rs. 12/-.
- In such a case, if the subscriber is covered through more than one account, then the insurance agency will restrict the number of accounts to ONE.
7) How Can One Claim this Accidental Coverage?
In PMSBY Scheme, the accidental insurance will cover for deaths caused by an accident and confirmed by documentary evidence. If the death is caused by vehicular accidents, the accident should be reported to police. In case of snake bite or slip and fall etc. the cause should be supported by hospital record.
In case of death of the account holder, the nominee can file the claim as per the enrollment rule or by his heirs if there is no nominee made by the deceased.
> In the claim process form, the following information is to be furnished accurately,
- Name and Full Address of the Insured.
- Name and Address of the Branch.
- Savings Account Number
- Registered Contact Number of the Insured.
- Details of the Nominee (Name, Address, Bank Account Number, and Mobile Number etc).
- Details of the Death i.e. date, day and the place of the incident.
NOTE: If needed you can get help from the bank officials.
These are the information you might be aware of! You might underestimate the power of accidental insurance coverage! But just stop for a minute to think about what’s going to happen to your family if you become disabled as a result of an accident? Shocking right! It’s time to give a better financial security to your family by subscribing Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana scheme! 🙂