Tips for Designing About Us Page
It is obvious to see people design an attractive website, but pay no attention whatsoever to making the ‘About Us‘ page look impressive. Most people don’t understand the importance of designing this page with care, as it goes a long way in building trust and credibility. You need to understand that it is not easy to make someone to buy something from you online – they need to trust you first, and that’s when they pay a visit to your ‘About Us’ page for more information about you and your business. If you can convince them with your credentials, they will certain feel a lot better about using your site and making a purchase.
Here is what you should keep in mind at the time of designing the ‘About Us’ page on your website.
- Don’t shy away from giving some false details on your About Us page. People are over the internet to find something interesting and impressive, and you can give it to them only when you’re ready to lie a bit about your capabilities. Do whatever you can to make your visitors believe that you have maximum resources to fulfill their orders. Tell them something about why you think your website/business is the best.
- Make use of photographs to improve credibility. For this, you have to find professional pictures of people working in your company. Of course, you can lie about it, but make sure to find pictures of pretty people to use on your website. People don’t like a picture of a fat Doris wearing a suit and wedged into an office chair – they want a professional-looking middle-aged person in uniform or suit. Just consider the nature of your business first and then pick photographs accordingly.
- It’s not a good idea to put real names on your website’s About Us page. After all, you don’t want anyone send a hate mail by the real names of your staff members. Remember, a person surfing the net doesn’t automatically become your customer – your customer is the one who is buying from you. So, be very careful about disclosing your real name on the About Us page of your website.
- Make sure to design a page that is friendly, pleasant, and light. It doesn’t matter if you’re a faceless company or what, you should always make your About Us page tell others that they are dealing with a friendly team of professionals. At the time of designing, use such design elements that make it look professional but at the same time, make it informative enough for the ones who like to skim read.
- It’s not a bad idea to put a few of your contact details on this page. Even if you have designed a separate ‘Contact Us’ page, it is still a good thing to have form installed on the About Us page for your users to submit a question online. This is also a good place to mention your phone, email, or any other details about that improve your credibility.
- Don’t add a lot of text on this page. If you check some professionally designed websites, you will notice that they have free spaces with small paragraphs on the About Us page of their website. You can do the same, as it makes it easier for your visitors to read about you.
- Make a claim, but try to prove it as well. If you say you have a big warehouse, it will leave a good impression on your visitors only if you can share a picture of it. What it means is that you should avoid bragging about something that you cannot show on this page. If you cannot produce an image, don’t mention it.
- Make sure to use this space to sell your brand principles. Remember, your About Us page is not all about what you sell, but it’s a lot about how you sell it. In other words, you need to explain your brand principles. Don’t forget to add a photograph to make people believe in what you say.
- Try to design your About Us page in a way that it provides your visitors with a snapshot of your business and services. It should tell your visitors about the type of a company you have or the way you run your business. At the same time, you should try to make everything look simple and friendly, as it will help convey your branding message in a more effective way.
- Use this page to tell your visitors that you’re an offline company too. People will trust you more if you can convince them about your presence offline. So, make sure to do everything you can to win their trust by telling that you’re a real company, not just an online company with no identity.
The About us Page is a First Impression of your Website. Design your About us page as much as you can. This page is useful for getting the trust of the visitors. So Start making your about us page for your website and comment below if you have any query related to this post and share this post if you like.