When it comes to choosing a manufacturer for your paper supplies, there are so many options. You can find packaging products in almost any location, in your local post office or shipping company to a large range of paper board suppliers online.
In this article, we will break down how to make your decision and choose an excellent paper board supplier and manufacturer so you can forge a long-lasting successful relationship.
Packaging products are one of those things we take for granted. You have a business, you need to ship things, you put it in a box and send it on its way. However, not all paper products and packaging are created equal.
Today, packaging has evolved from its humble beginning as a shipping vessel and protective container to an opportunity for brand and marketing awareness.
The simple “a” logo on a brown box lets you and everyone else know, you’ve ordered from Amazon, and who doesn’t recognize a FedEx package, with its bright purple font against a brown or white box.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your paper board supplier.
- Environmental Factors – Today, carbon footprint is the buzz word. Make sure your paper board and other paper packaging are earth-friendly, recyclable and biodegradable. Not only with the planet thank you but your customers will appreciate the forethought.
- What product do you need? This may seem obvious but one box does not fit all. Paper board, for example, is a great product for boxes and cartons but would not be a good choice for food products unless you add layers of insulation.
- Choose a paper board supplier who not only knows paper supply but understand business as well.
- Check that your paper board supplier understand logistics If your company is the vehicle than your paper board supplier are the wheels-trust they know how to get your product when and where it needs to go.
- Global Access-A paper board supplier who has international partners will grant you VIP status to the global market.
Another often overlooked factor in choosing paper board suppliers is the financial aspect.
Your business deserves a healthy financial partner in all areas. Packaging and Shipping shouldn’t be any different. Ask your paper board supplier about their business acumen and financial solutions that can take your business to the next level.
Will you be able to finance purchase orders, how about credit, import and export criteria, capital loans and invoicing. All of these issues can make or break a successful business.
Last but not least is an understanding of risk. Like any business involving trade, paper board suppliers are vulnerable to fluctuating markets, unstable valuations and domestic and international regulations that can change often. For all of these logistic issues and more, make sure your paper board supplier is an expert in risk management.
Other questions you should ask your paper board supplier will include.
- A description of their paper and board solutions.
- Standard of Business Ethics and Legal Backing.
- Payment and Return Policies.
- General Trade Rules on Wood Pulp and Paperboard products.
- Market Development.
- Privacy and Security Policies.
Overall, when it comes to choosing a paper board supplier, take the decision as seriously as you would any business decision. See this as a long-term partnership with a company who is well-versed in providing your business with a total paper board supply and packaging solutions.
Make sure they are a global partner with excellent reviews, are in long and good standing and are capable of assessing the risks, opportunities, and marketing aspects of your company.
Paper board suppliers may be a dime a dozen, but to skyrocket your company, choose one that is the gold standard.