If you hate intermingling with others and speak only when spoken to in your set up, you are not alone. There are hundreds of introverts out there, preferring to stay in their own world, rather than further their professional interests by meeting people who matter. In US alone, around 50 percent of the population comprise of introverts.
Jobs Suited for Introverts
Introverts may not be suitable for many jobs that require teamwork and interaction on personal and professional levels, but they can excel in certain jobs.
#1 Selling photos online
With digital cameras, photography has become easy. If you take more interest in capturing people in your camera, than speaking with them, photography is most suitable for you. As a keen amateur photographer, you can sell your pics on numerous stock libraries online.
For this, you need to get a photo editing software that you can either buy or download for free. Once you master the skills to improve your pics, you can sell them at a premium on various stock photo libraries. Prices differ from site to site.
One of the stock photo sites rapidly gaining in popularity is 123RF. The 123RF review on trustpilot.com, a company reviewing website, has given it a 4-star rating and it has also been voted as excellent by 68 percent of the users.
#2 Convert audio files into text files
The job of a transcriptionist is ideal for introverts, since it does not require team work and can be done remotely. Only thing required is an excellent audio comprehension and fast typing skills to type accurately what you hear.
You can expect an annual average salary of over $25,000, more if you are really fast at typing. For a transcriptionist, there are two fields in great demand – medical and legal. To master these fields, enroll in a transcription vocational school.
The equipment required for this job includes high quality headphones, a computer and word processing software. Also, a foot pedal that comes in handy to stop, rewind and fast forward the recording quickly.
Also required on your computer is a media or audio player and a software to convert word processing file into the required file format.
#3 Take online surveys
If you have time on your hands, you can make some serious money by giving your opinions on online surveys. If you think there is no big money in taking online surveys, think again. One member of Survey Club made over $4,000 in one month. People who pursue this field easily make as high as $115 for a 30-minute survey.
Of course, there are many other survey portals that pay much less. Even then, you can make some good money on the side. The best course of action is to get registered in as many survey sites as you can. Some such sites are:
- Survey Junkie: Ideal for introverts who love to stay at home. They can expect to make $615 in 10 days.
- Vindale Research: For signing up only you earn a $2 bonus! Taking surveys on this site gives good returns.
- Swagbucks: Open for US residents, it also gives good returns on completed surveys.
- MySurvey: You get 2,000 points as a sign-up bonus and make good money on completed surveys.
If you are an avid writer and have some interesting issues to discuss and write about, becoming a blogger may fetch handsome monetary returns. This work is especially suited for introverts, who get a chance to speak their minds through words.
Popular and established bloggers make upwards of $20,000 monthly, spending only five hours per month. What’s more, there is no experience required to start a blog and it costs only $2.95 per month.
For becoming an effective blogger, you not only need good English (or whatever language you want to blog in), but also a style of your own. This will act as your identity when you take up a topic for discussion.
#5 Earn while using apps
There are several companies that pay for using their apps. These may include budgeting apps, shopping apps, etc. and using them can fetch you extra money every month. Some of the best ones giving good returns are:
- Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel: All you need to do is to install Neilsen mobile app and let it run in the background. You may get a shot at $10,000. Even installing the app on your device will get you $50 per year.
- Ibotta: When you shop at Walmart or any other store, simply scan the receipts with Ibotta and get qualified for cash back on your shopping trips. Just for trying Ibotta, you receive a bonus $10 and $5 for referring it to a friend.
- eBates: This gets you an automatic cash back, up to two to 10 percent, while shopping online. At times you may even get double this amount.
Some of the great achievers in this world had been confirmed introverts. If you are one, you don’t have to face the big bad world to earn a living. Choosing a job suited for introverts will help you express yourself without uttering a word and earn at the same time.