With today’s technology evolving faster than we can make it accessible to the general public, designers have started reaching out to a global audience via the Internet in order to promote their products. And the best-selling items are those that fit your pre-designed high-tech preferences: people like having “apps” on their phones as well as in real life. They love accessories that allow them to integrate a task in a specially designed software, helping them achieve it faster.
High Tech News – The Game Changer
That’s what all the big companies look for when promoting their compact, on-the-go items that turn your life into code with one swipe.
- Wearable tech design is only following the natural course of technology after years of trying to downsize each new developing piece of machinery. After portable PCs and now smart-phones, with microchips becoming Nano and getting closer and closer to ourselves, it was only a matter of time before people started integrating technology in their outfits.
- On one hand, you have the high-end designers, like Apple or Google that make smart-watches and glasses, linking our basic needs (sight, schedule) to a customizable online profile, improving your overall life-experience. On the other hand, we’re seeing more and more millennial entrepreneurs uploading their projects to crowd-funding websites like Indiegogo or Kick-starter in order to present a new item to a non-existent market up to this point.
- Many of those are brilliant through their sleek, innovative design that provides a solution to a menial task you had to do and couldn’t avoid. I’m talking here items that spread on a palette so large I couldn’t fit them all into a sole category: from distress-alert rings to health-check body suits, from live updates of your baby’s physical state to color-and-pixel-changing badges that allow you to flaunt whatever meme is the latest trend.
- The tendency of those items, beyond aesthetics, is giving that extra hand to people’s passions in order to have a better grasp of the thing that consumes your time and mind. With these items, most of those little stumps that keep challenging you on a daily basis are being eliminated, allowing you to focus on the main issues at hand.
- The first benefit of said designs is that you’re never going to lose your data again, with it being sent wireless to your device of choice. So that’s one worry to set aside, with “backup” being a word slowly losing its meaning since cloud synchronization was invented.
- The second is that fashion designers have spent centuries redesigning clothing items, and nanotechnology provides them with new areas to explore and new innovations to be born once thread and wire have been braided together.
- Last but not least, people have been speaking of integrated chips in our brains or bionic body-parts since science-fiction literature was born and we’re now getting closer than ever to achieve that dream.
- Glimpses of “the future” being now gives people optimism that their work matters and that change is happening even if they’re making baby steps each day in their respective fields instead of mind-changing progressive revelations that would change the way humanity works forever.
- Although the most mainstream wearable piece of technology have to be the smart-watches, more and more people have chosen new ways of dealing with their issues via portable high-tech accessories, according to their daily struggle.
- The happiest with these new changes are the workers that make a living by moving around and/or traveling. To them, anything that eases their commute and allows them to be connected to what’s going on at home or improves their safety and health is a winner and a long-awaited blessing.
- Think only of the popularity that long-distance couple pillows or sex toys have gained or the many portrayals of holograms popping from watches in various science-fiction movies. Communication is key and devices that aid lessening the distance between humans and their support group is backed up by supportive cheers.
- Another category of humans that are looking forward to the slightest improvement in remote technology are mothers, usually the main person responsible of a child’s development as well as being a breadwinner of the house.
- Any sort of wearable item (that uses Velcro preferably and doesn’t require much setup) is a godsend to working mothers, allowing them to monitor their child without much fuss and doing it without inconveniencing the crying infant or the moody toddler that dislikes a cosseting parent.
- But perhaps the people who would benefit the most from these new fitting accessories are athletes, considering that many of these devices are health-oriented, monitoring heart beats and pulses or even improving certain movements (since most of this stuff is using gyroscopes to gather data).
- Much of their training time would be reduced by sending data directly to a program capable of analyzing their physical state and designing a personalized exercising routine based of a predetermined algorithm created by its developers and improved through the community of users that inputs data specific to each individual.
- Thinking further in the future, this type of device could be used to gather statistics in order to study the patterns of various diseases manifesting on a large range of people of all ages and backgrounds: this way, modern medicine would have an automated constantly-updating database that cuts years off their research and transfers a big chunk of their budget to a willing community that benefits, in change, of personalized personal data a click away. However, this might be harder to achieve considering the great issue society is having at the moment with personal data being gathered by corporations.
Obviously there is no limit to the capabilities of said software once it really takes off, but taking into consideration the rate at which technology advances nowadays, it’s quite possible that in a matter of decades we won’t focus as much on attaching technology to our clothes but rather on integrating it directly into our cells.
Until then though, this is the closest we can get to pushing the limits of our humanity and becoming evolved being with capabilities above everything we imagined in our short life on this Earth.