It is important Living without the internet in these times is akin to living without oxygen, especially for all the people who are constantly hooked onto the internet for work or entertainment. This has led to the popularity of Wi-Fi and as a result of routers.
How to Reset Asus Router Without Password
A router allows several computer systems (or mobile systems) to use an internet connection from a single ISP (Internet service provider).
Apart from providing a way to connect to the internet, routers also help improve security as there are firewalls present in most routers which prevent rogue elements from hacking into your system and stealing your confidential and private data.
Though there are several different types of routers available in the market, the wireless routers like NETGEAR and ASUS have gained prominence.
ASUS is a Taiwan-based multinational computer and phone hardware and electronics company located in Taipei, Taiwan.
The products of the company include laptops, mobile phones, desktops, netbooks, networking equipment, monitors, motherboards, projectors, graphic cards, multimedia products, tablet PCs, workstations, and Wi-Fi Routers.
The ASUS RT-AC68U is considered the fastest Wi-Fi router in the world having a combined dual-band rate of up to 1900 Mbps.
List of ASUS routers
ASUS computer Incorporated manufactures a series of network routers directly competing with Linksys Routers from Belkin. The ASUS series of Routers usually contain faster processors, great memory than average, Broadcom chipsets, removable antennas, and USB ports also for expansion.
Though more features are included in ASUS factory default firmware then its competitors, few Linux-based firmware projects as Openwrt, Tomato Firmware, and DebWRT can get better performance and offer their customers more flexible options. ASUS supports, encourages, and advertises multiple Routers that are suitable for DD-WRT.
The most popular ASUS routers include.
- ASUS RT-AC58U AC 1300 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router.
- ASUS RT-AC53 AC 750 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router.
- And ASUS AC1900 RTAC68U Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Router.
- ASUS RT-AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Gaming Router.
- ASUS RT-AC88U AC 3100 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router.
Which are the best ASUS routers to buy for multimedia?
Few routers of ASUS can be shortlisted for purchasing by using multimedia as ASUSRT-AX88U, ASUS ROG RaptureGT-AX11000, ASUS GT-AC5300, ASUS RT-AC88U, ASUS Dual Band, ASUS RT-AC66U, ASUSRT-N12, ASUS Whole Home Dual AC1300.
Why is there a need to reset your router?
A slow internet connection can put your mood off. If you want a faster internet connection, resetting the router is something that can do the trick. Additionally, rebooting the routers can also help prevent any hacking of the system.
How to access the ASUS router?
To access the router, you need to first log-in to the web. Next, open a web browser and search for the configuration page for your device by typing the router’s default IP address into the address bar. Type the new password at least twice and then click next. Now you can access your ASUS router.
How to reset your ASUS router?
In case you need to reset the modem or your ASUS router, you have few options. As other available devices provide only a factory reset button, while ASUS provides one additional web-based option also. This way, you can reset your router from your comfortable point of location.
Opting for the Factory reset of ASUS router
ASUS models and Routers can be reset to factory default settings using a web browser. You just need a device connected to the ASUS network. A tablet or computer will be a fine option.
- First, open any web browser of your choice.
- Now navigate to https://router.asus.com or you can use the IP address of your router in the address bar. The default IP address for ASUS devices used is 192.168.1.1.
- Further login to the ASUS device.
- Under the advanced settings panel, you will find Administration, click on it.
- Now move to upload setting/restore/save tab.
- Choose to restore next to factory default.
- Finally clicking okay will confirm the changes.
Using the reset button to reset ASUS router
You can also reset your ASUS router or modem with the factory reset button.
- First, locate the button on the back of your ASUS device. In case you’re not sure about the button to use, you can check out online for a diagram of your ASUS device model along with the labelling.
- When the router/modem is powered on, press and hold the reset button for at least five seconds.
- When the LED starts to flash, let go of the button. The factory reset has been started.
How to reset the ASUS RT-AC68U?
If you want to reset the ASUS RT-AC68U router to factory defaults, you can follow the following few steps.
- Log in to the ASUS RT-AC68U Router.
- Access through RT-AC68U Wi-Fi instructions.
- Change your IP address.
- Download manuals for ASUS RT-AC68U.
- Set up for your ASUS RT-AC68U.
You must keep the router on during the entire process of Resetting the password. Turning off or unplugging at any point could cause permanent damage to the device.
Now you need to locate the tiny reset button, present into the back panel. You have to press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds using a paper clip.
Resetting the device erases every configuration and reverts the entire router back to how it was when you first purchased it.
How to reset the RT-AC3200?
To reset the ASUS RT-AC3200 to its default settings, you should follow the underwritten steps.
- First, turn on the router.
- Press the reset button and hold for at least 6 seconds.
- Your device will restart automatically.
- Following it, the default settings have been restored.
How to reset the ASUS AC-1200?
Click [Restore/Save/Upload Setting] and then click “Restore” in [Factory default]. Now, click OK. There is a reset button at the back of the router, press it for at least 5 seconds till the power LED starts flashing, then release the button. You are now able to reset ASUS AC-1200.
How to reset ASUS RT n66u?
If you want to reset ASUS RT n66, you can use either an unwound paperclip or the tip of a sharpened pencil, now press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds continuously. It will reset your router and erase every configuration that you have done to the router.
What should be kept in mind while opting to reset your router?
Resetting any router can cause a few problems also if you don’t have the knowledge of what to expect. You should keep these few points in mind when you consider to reset.
- The username and password of the router will be reverted to the default.
- The wi-fi username and password along with the security type can revert to the default settings.
- In case you use a DSL connection, you have to re-enter the ISP username and password.
- The different configurations you have made such as port forwards or firewall settings will be erased.
Resetting the username and password is easy
The router’s default username is “admin” and the default password is “admin”. If you are unable to access the router’s web-based setup page or you have forgotten the router’s password, you can easily recover its password.
To recover the router’s username and password, press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds. It will help you to reset your router’s password.