There are times when despite putting in your best efforts, it gets tough to stay productive. Are you looking for some tips that can let you stay focused and motivated and also help you save time during the process? If answered yes, we’ve here to give you few of the best tips that can boost your brainpower.
How to Improve Focus and Boost Brain Power
What we are offering you here will be great advice for both freelancers working from home and for creative office workers. Take a look at the advices to enhance your brainpower.
- Mute your phone’s ringtone.
- Black out the browser notifications and the background
- Mute your Gmail with the help of Inbox Pause.
- Declutter your desk.
- Write down distractions to take care of them later.
- Save videos and articles in Pocket.
- Take breaks often.
- Work in different environments like parks, coffee shops etc.
- Sit by a window.
- Smell something pleasant like lavender and lemons.
- Set the thermostat for 70-77 degrees.
- Go out for a walk in definite intervals.
- Get enough exercise, sleep and healthy food.
- Buy plants to decorate your space.
- Listen to soothing music.
- Focus at photos of cute animals and of nature.
- Quit meetings or curb the time to a minimum of 15 mins.
- Keep a tab on where your time goes.
- Simplify your Gmail inbox with Unroll.me.
- Ditch Facebook, if needed partially.
- Automate all the daunting tasks.
- Combine similar tasks together.
- Try using a dictation app.
- Make a ‘Stop Doing’ list to cut down bad habits.
- Ditch your habit of multitasking.
- Sort out tasks by ‘Must’, ‘Should’ and ‘Want’ every day.
- Don’t check mails until you’ve worked for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Write 3 ‘most vital’ tasks on a Post-It.
- Complete your #1 important task first.
- Ask yourself ‘Will this task help me attain my goal?’ If no, cut it short!
- ‘Can this job be done only by me?’ ‘Is it an important task?’ If no, cut it.
- Tomorrow’s to-do list should be written tonight.
- Utilize the prioritization matrix of Stephen Covey.
- Complete your creative work first.
- ‘Will this task take me closer to my goal? Does this task matter to my boss? Will it help me make money? Is it going to make my life easier? Do I have to complete the task by today? Sort your to-dos according to the total number of Yeses.
- Break down bigger tasks into smaller sized pieces.
- Assign only 5 minutes to a bigger task.
- ‘Eat the frog’.
- Start off with a StickK.com personal contract.
- If a task takes less than 2 minutes, do it instantly.
- Find out your biological prime time.
- Make progress visible and celebrate smaller wins.
- Don’t break the chain.
- Reward yourself.
- Strike a power pose.
- Make a ‘Done’ list.
- Eat Chocolates.
- Smile and be Happy.
We bet you’ve read through thousands of productivity tips in your life. A good productivity tip is not only just easy to implement but also easy to follow at the same time.
Infographic brought to you by Wrike project management software for free.