Table of Contents☰
Why Your Business Should Be on Facebook
Facebook is arguably the most popular social media site online today. Although it began as a place to connect with friends, it has blossomed into a site that people go to for news, updates on sports scores, product discounts, and other information. For this reason, it makes sense that nearly all businesses have a Facebook presence. If you are not on Facebook, consider starting a page today so you can begin Facebook marketing efforts. This is one of the best tools available to reach customers and grow your business. Here is why.
Expand Your Reach:
One of the reasons Facebook is so beneficial for businesses is because it allows them to expand their reach. They have access to the large number of people who have memberships. The following are some statistics to help you understand how valuable this social media website is from a marketing standpoint:
- There are more than 1 billion total users. More than 700 million of these people access the site every day.
- Each user posts an average of 36 posts per month.
- There are approximately 150 billion connections between friends and 2 billion connections between people and businesses.
- There are more than 1 trillion likes on Facebook.
- Each user spends an average of 20 minutes on the site, which adds up to more than 8 hours each month.
- An estimated 25 percent of users access their accounts at least five times a day.
- Approximately 70 percent of users are connected to businesses.
- Each week, there are nearly 650 million views on business Facebook pages and more than 13 million comments.
- Half of the users younger than 35 will “like” what their online friends recommend.
- Nearly 50 percent of Americans agree that Facebook influences their purchases.
When you read these statistics, it is easy to realize why you should jump on the social media bandwagon.
Furthermore, from a numbers standpoint, using social media sites for marketing is much more cost effective. It can help you generate the results you are looking for without the high cost of traditional advertising. Ad campaigns, for example, are extremely expensive to produce. Although effective, they may not be worth the cost. You might be able to get a better return on your investment when you spend more time on Facebook.
In addition, many people communicate through social media. In fact, some reports indicate that people are more likely to use Facebook to communicate with friends than they are email or text. Therefore, if you are looking to catch people’s attention, it is best to use the medium that makes the most sense to them. Also, when you are active on social media, you have the opportunity to address customer service issues. This allows you to prevent unwanted problems and better satisfy your customers. However, in order to do so, it is important to have someone regularly managing your Facebook site.
Businesses who are not using Facebook are missing out on a major opportunity to reach customers and increase their profits. Therefore, make sure to fully utilize this social media site so you can capitalize on the opportunities that are available to you.
So, Your Business Should be on Facebook, Because it Helps you to reach more people worldwide. Enjoy and share with your friends.