The Government of India is trying to fight against the corruption, while there are many Government officials are involved in corruption, the Prime Minister is making efforts to eliminate such practices.
Linking Aadhaar Card and PAN Card
The Indian Government has finally decided to link the PAN (Permanent account number) to the Aadhaar cards accounts to keep track of the transactions.
The entire process handled by the Income-tax department and the UIDAI, who are responsible for making Aadhaar card the only identification method.
A lot of you may not know, but it has become mandatory to link your Aadhaar card with the PAN card.
The Government said that it would help them identify the problems faster and help the community to avoid misusing the tax money of the people.
1) What Do You Need?
There are few things you need to complete the process successfully on your first attempt. These are the things you need to keep it ready to complete the process in the very first attempt.
- You need to have your registered mobile number with yourself. This number used when you have registered for the fresh PAN card. In case, if you have forgotten, then get it updated or else the process won’t be possible.
- Your Aadhar card, make sure you have the fresh/updated one because you need it to provide the information accurately. The details on the Aadhaar card will be used and you need it the further process.
- An active Internet connection, the Government site is a little slow and sometimes does not respond due to the low-speed Internet. If you don’t want to have any issues with it, then make sure to have an active, decent speed connection.
- You need to have your PAN card for the further details, and you have to keep to aside until the process is completed.
We assume that you are ready to take on the updating process.
2) Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card Online
Make sure you have the required things along with you to make the process easier.
We are going to explain it step-by-step, so you don’t have to worry about the confusion. Even those who don’t have the technical knowledge will be able to do it.
Step 1: First click to the official site of Income Tax Department.
Step 2: You will have this site on your screen, there may be modifications, but it will look identical.
Step 3: As you can see that you have to fill all empty fields and you have to enter the right credentials or else, you have to restart all over again.
Step 4: You will have a Unique PAN number, which you have to type in the empty field.
Step 5: As we have mentioned that you need the Aadhaar card details, enter the 14-digits unique number in the empty field and move on to the next step.
Step 6: On your Aadhaar card, the name is mentioned, right? You have to type it in the empty field so that you can verify it with the database saved by the UIDAI.
Step 7: There is an option for those who have not updated their database since 2010. You can select the option “I have the only year of birth in Aadhaar card.”
Step 8: You have to read the captcha provided, or you can reload it for a new one, then type the captcha in the field. You can listen to the code as well.
Step 9: If there is a visually disabled person, then there is an option to use the OTP, where you will receive a code to your registered mobile. You have to type that OTP in the empty section below.
Step 10: Then click on “Link.”
Step 11: You will receive a confirmation message from the UIDAI or the Income-tax department.
It will take few hours to days to linking process to complete because a verification process will be conducted.
As we all know that linking the PAN card to Aadhaar card is essential for any business people because it will help them take advantage of the tax benefits.Let us know your thoughts and experience in the comment section below.