Over two decades, several types of research have been done to determine air duct cleaning Mississauga efficiency.
However, there have not been enough findings to come with a conclusive statement. Much debate has been created on whether or not duct cleaning provides benefits for IAQ, energy savings, HVAC performance, and occupant health.
The findings in 2010 had interesting information that contradicted the existing research. For instance, dirty ducts can lead to harboring of bacterial growth, in Mississauga air ducts but the study found out that cleaning the ducts has a significantly variable effect on the growth. Some cases lead to a worse condition after cleaning.
How to Prevent Duct Contamination
To prevent duct contamination, consider following these recommendations.
- When you buy an HVAC system, ensure you read the manufacturer’s instructions for caring for your system. Look at the changing schedules for the filters, cleaning coils, and the system’s other components.
- Ensure your ductwork is sealed if you are having any renovation going on.
- Ensure all the occupied spaces are kept neat and clean at all times.
- Keep away the air intakes from contaminated sources.
- Have your ductwork inspected frequently.
- Have new ductwork inspected for cleanliness before installing.
The Appropriate Time for Duct Cleaning
Although duct cleaning Mississauga still has a hot debate on whether it is worth it or not, the EPA recommends it when.
- There is permanent or persistent water damage in the ducts.
- Presence of visible microbial growth in the ducts.
- Debris buildup.
- Foul odors coming from the HVAC components.
- Dust discharge.
How to Prevent Building Occupants During Duct Cleaning
Hire a Good Contractor
Mississauga duct cleaning can involve handling toxic pollutants, so you should not outsource it to anyone who claims to offer these services. The best way to get a qualified contractor is whether they are members of NADCA. This body provides guidelines to its members on how to handle duct cleaning.
The body also has a certification issued to members that pass its test. Alternatively, they should have an Air System Cleaning Specialists (ASCS) certification.
Protect the Building Occupants
There are a few safety precautions you can take to protect the building occupants during and after the cleaning, such as.
- Capturing dust by using a filter on the supply and return grills once the HAC system is installed back.
- Schedule cleaning when the building is not occupied, for example, the weekends and night times.
- Using proper ventilation equipment and containment barriers.
- Avoid using biocides and sealants.
- Replacing moldy or wet fiberglass duct material.
- Consulting with occupants with various medical conditions.
It is Important to Remember
- You should perform duct cleaning Mississauga if it is the only option left.
- Duct cleaning should not be performed anyhow. It should be done after the system has been thoroughly evaluated by a professional. Then, the source of the contaminant identified and controlled.
- To utilize preventative maintenance schedules.
So Why Does Air Duct Cleaning Matter?
Although air duct cleaning Mississauga is not a recommended regular cleaning maintenance, it creates some value when done. It makes your indoor air clean, so you and your loved ones can enjoy your home environment.
Like other solid items in your home, the air ducts accumulate pollen, dirt, dander, and pet hair, which can be released into the air.
These can create a lot of discomfort in your home, especially for people with respiratory-related allergies.
What is Included in Duct Cleaning Services?
A professional team provides you with a neat job. Firstly, they document the air duct before cleaning by taking photos of its inside part.
After the documentation is done, the next thing is to determine the best cleaning approached based on the images taken. Register grills are all removed to enable vent cleaning. The ducts are then disinfected, deodorized, and photographed again for the after results.
How Much Does Duct Cleaning Cost?
There is no fixed amount for Mississauga duct cleaning. The fee is determined by your home’s size, the work involved, and the cleaning company’s equipment.
Some contractors may charge way cheap, probably because they are new in the market and want to attract customers or are unqualified. It is advisable to be careful about quotes because they mostly reflect what you are going to receive.
Important things to consider while getting the air ducts cleaned
Getting the air ducts cleaned might be your choice to remove the pollutants, but it is also important to know, when is the right time to clean them. The air ducts have masses of pollutants that stick to the surface of the air duct, and not necessarily enter the ambiance.
What is interesting to note is that the dust produced by your home is even more than what is present within the duct. Yet, cleaning the air duct is highly necessary if there is a burning stove or fireplace at your place, the air ducts must be cleaned.
The added benefit is the improved efficiency, durability, and the lifetime of the duct improved by 10-15% overall. So, getting the air duct cleaned is not that bad idea though!
So, what is your final call?
Are you still, wondering if it would be the right choice to get the air duct cleaned? When in confusion, seeking the guidance of the experienced is always the perfect solution. Contact Mississauga Services to get an expert solution at your beck and call.
Having the right opinion from the experience will help in saving a lot of bucks and making the right decision, before the damages increase. Make sure you ask the right questions in case you have any doubt, to know in detail, about all the important things you must know before getting the air duct cleaned.