There are millions of websites out there, but a huge majority of those sites are not as efficient as they should be, while some of the others are just plain bad!
It’s true that there are multiple factors that affect the quality and performance of a website, and it would be impossible to state each and every one of them individually here, but a brief introduction to some of the most important ones among those factors will certainly help to identify ways for you to maintain and/or improve your own site’s performance.
1] Shift to a Dedicated Server
- High uptime, ensuring a better experience for customers and potentially improved sales numbers.
- Customized and optimized server performance, meant to exclusively cater to the specific needs of your website.
- The site will gain the ability to constantly handle huge traffic at all times of the day.
- Complete control over server customization and complete access to all the resources of the entire server.
- Scalability that allows for additional physical server integration, should your site outgrow the capabilities of the present server.
- Greater protection against hacking attempts due to the exclusivity of having a dedicated server.
However, it should be kept in mind that a dedicated hosting service will cost a lot more than shared hosting will. Therefore, one should compare the profitability of investing in a dedicated server with the expenses to see if it would indeed be a good move.
In other words, if you have a large website or a small one which you are planning to expand, having a dedicated server is going to be an absolute game changer.
2] Take a Look at Your SEO Strategy
Where a website ends up on the SERPs is one of the most important factors responsible for the success of any website, and if your results are not satisfactory, it might be time to take a look at your SEO strategy and see if it can’t use some upgrades.
3] Social Media Integration
YouTube is not just a social media site, it is also the world’s second most popular search engine, right after Google.
Facebook has some of the most advanced tools for managing demographics and for marketing to specific target audience groups, while Instagram is a rising platform that businesses are finding new potential in.
To just say that you can’t ignore social media in business anymore would be an understatement. It would be more appropriate to state that in order for a website to see success, integrating a well-designed and site-specific social media marketing and SEO strategy is essential.
Now that you have an idea of how to go about it, it is time to get started on what we just discussed. Not that these are the only things that you need to take care of in order to grow a site, but they will send you off in the right direction for sure.